During autumn season, the majority begin to plan about whether to take the dive with a first purchase or change your boat. However, similar to any purchase and with large investment particularly in buying a boat, it is usually recommended to make sure that you know what you are purchasing for your budget. For more options, aside from focusing on buying a brand new boat, there are also second-hand boats for sale in Hong Kong that you can check and may like it, too. As getting more details and information in this article, you can be able to decide later in buying a second-hand boat.
Knowing Where to Start
You can see the pictures on the website that may all look great. There are ads in the magazine might look so appealing, but will you do so you can just get to its bottom of how an investment really sounds like? It has always been a general rule of thumb to everyone saying “caveat emptor”. It is a principle stating that there is no one, but the buyer alone is responsible for checking the suitability and quality of goods before you will make any purchase. Therefore, when you plan to buy it, you should be aware what to ask for and what documents you will look for.
Things to Set in Purchasing a Second-hand Boat
It is your responsibility to set everything ready before deciding to purchase a boat. Get your questions ready as well to make a good transaction or deal. The following below can be your guide to be able to set everything well.
- Is your offer accountable to sea trial or survey?
- Does the seller guarantee a clear title?
- Have you settled an agreement for the deposit?
- Has the agent been settled as the owner and given some ownership documents?
- Have you seen and agreed all the supplies and accessories included in the sale?
- Have you organized insurance?
- Are you using an appropriate contract?
- Is the boat presently guaranteed and if yes, how is the process of getting it paid off before the completion?
- Have you found a qualified marine surveyor to check the boat, its engine and some equipment included in the sale?
Always Secure a Written Black and White Contract
It is a wise idea and yet advisable to always use a black and white contract when purchasing or making a sale. Just like providing a model agreement for the purchase and sale of the second-hand boats. Where the prevalent terms and conditions related to the purchase and sale of the boat lies down. If ever the survey is not planned, it has been ordered already or if the particular boat is really expensive or has a complex with the sale, then it should necessary to create improvements to the said agreement.
The truth is that it is really hard to resist the idea of having a brand new boat. But you will possibly get better value in searching for a second-hand boat to purchase. Just see to it that the boat has been slightly used at a lower price and grab the chance to advantage of all the equipment and accessories pamper on the boat.