According to a report on Business Insider in 2013, over 67% of operational managers in industrial complexes have switched over to automated systems since the 2007/2008 economic recession. The devastating effects of the economic meltdown seem to have jolted industrial facilities into embracing innovative solutions for their warehouses, production floors and even packaging.
Capitalizing on Innovation
If your company has been struggling with logistics, it is most likely that you are still stuck with the outdated storage and shipment systems at your factory. Say for instance you are a beverage manufacturer, this is one of the most competitive niches in the world and if you are not leveraging automation, you are staring at failure.
Advantages of Automating Your Systems
Whether you are a small or mid-sized company, you need to leverage the power of automation in order to compete at the same level with more established players. Some of the benefits for using these innovative systems include:
- Space saving: Conventional forklift operations take a lot of space and according to the U.S Small Business Association (SBA), medium companies can increase storage capacity by up to 400% when they automate their warehouses. The freed space can be used for other operations such as manufacturing or even offices.
- Reduced labor costs: With an automated system at work, you need less manpower to man the facility. The SBA reports that labor costs eventually drive most enterprises out of business and you can cut these costs by up to 45%.
- Improved productivity: When you look at case studies featuring SSI Schaefer warehouse automation systems, it is obvious that there is more efficiency due to the smooth flow of products. Your company will not suffer delays caused by forklift operations. What’s more, products will get from one point to the other seamlessly and much faster which improves productivity.
- Easy inventory management: Automated systems made by Schaefer Systems International, Inc. allow for easy tracking; meaning the floor manager knows what is required, where and how urgently. Inventory control software maximizes stock availability and this again ensures quick shipping.
- 24/7 operation: These systems are more effective because they allow your operations to run round the clock with minimal disruptions. In essence, with more productivity you will also enjoy an improved bottom-line.
- Green benefits: There is reduced energy consumption and better utilization of space. These in turn lead to less environmental degradation. Once you have integrated green business at your facility, it becomes possible to earn Green certification and enjoy subsidies and grants.
Schaefer warehouse automation solutions cater to different industries and can be customized to suit your warehouse. Whichever industry you are in, it is possible to leverage myriad benefits offered by automation. From pharmaceuticals to beverage manufacturing factories, automated systems are suitable for all facilities.
Well, if your warehouse operations have been hindering your company’s productivity, it is time to integrate this system. It will not only ensure seamless operations, but it will also eventually improve your profits. Isn’t this what every manager wants?